Granite is a stone that is formed over time at great depths and pressure from volcanic magma. For years granite has been one of the most popular surface choices among US homes, owning to its natural beauty, durability and ruggedness. It’s a natural stone, so every individual slab is 100% unique in its hue, pattern and shading.
• Adds value to your home and does not decrease in value
• Multitude of natural color combinations and since no two slabs of granite are exactly the same, you can rest assured that you will have a one of a kind surface
• Hard substance, not susceptible to scratches, burns or stains when properly sealed
• Resists heat, you can safely set warm pans on the countertop
• When sealed properly, granite is resistant to mold and mildew
• Must be resealed every so often to avoid stains and scratches
• Heavy objects dropped on the counter might crack or chip the granite
• Additional structural support may be necessary due to weight of granite
• Color inconsistency
• High prices
• Mild soap and water is recommended. Rinse and wipe dry.
• Clean spills as soon as possible to avoid staining.
• Do not use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acid, including bleach and ammonia.
Granite Edge Profiles:
We offer a wide selection of countertop edges, click here to see our options.