Soapstone is a natural quarried stone. Its name comes from the soft, or soapy, feel of its surface caused by the presence of talc in the stone.
• Softer to the touch than granite or marble
• Resistant to etching from acids
• Non-porous, resistant to stains, easy to clean
• Heat resistant
• Scratches can be easily sanded or oiled away
• May crack, chip and scratch
• Limited range of colors
• Color darkens with age
• Mild soap and water is recommended to clean your countertops.
• A periodic application of mineral oil to darken the stone and enhance the natural beauty is optional.
Soapstone Edge Profiles:
We offer a wide selection of countertop edges, click here to see our options.